Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Skip Navigation LinksPermit for Ozone Depleting Substances


The import and export of Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) is regulated under the Customs Order 2006, which designates that only the importer/exporter, registered under the Department of Environment, Parks and Recreation (DEPR) and has an approved Application Permit (AP) issued by DEPR is allowed to import / export ODS in accordance with the quantity specified in the AP.


For every consignment or shipment of ODSs, a registered importer / exporter needs to apply for the AP from DEPR prior to placing any orders with their exporter or importers.

1. Importers and exporters of ODS must first register with the DEPR. Application form for registration as supplier / importer / exporter of controlled substances (Application Form 1)

2. Once registered, importers and exporters can apply for a permit using the Application form to import controlled substance under the Montreal Protocol (Application Form 2).

3. To get an approval on the AP, importers and exporters are required to provide DEPR with:

a) Proof that they have already imported HCFCs from a previous import license.
b) A distribution list of HCFC imported under the previous shipment comprising the information of the 
     name of the customers, quantity sold and running number of HCFC containers.
c) The material Safety Data Sheet of the imported gases.
d) Summary of importing and reporting information.

Prior to the approval of the AP for each shipment, DEPR will determine if the requested quantity would not cause the accumulative quantity to exceed the quota allocated to importers.
DEPR will utilize the Informal Prior Inform Consent (iPIC) and bilateral communication with relevant authorities of the exporting countries, to reconfirm on the registration of the exporting companies.  Once the confirmation has been received, the AP will be issued to the local importers.
The AP issued carries a validity of either three (3) months after issuance or 31 December of the year the AP is issued, whichever occurs first.
Completed application must be submitted to:

Department of Environment, Parks And Recreation
Ministry of Development
Tumasek Plaza Building
Jalan Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha BA 2111
Brunei Darussalam.
Tel   : +6732241262 ext 403
Fax  : +6732241290